This statement says it all – Mammography has helped reduce breast cancer mortality in the U.S. by nearly 1/3 since 1990, according to MammographySavesLives.org.
It cannot be emphasized enough, having an annual mammogram is extremely important. It can detect cancer in its early stages when it is most treatable. It helps save lives.
“In fact, mammograms show changes in the breast up to two years before a patient or physician can feel them,” according to MammographySavesLives.org.
“Mammograms can also prevent the need for extensive treatment for advanced cancers and improve chances of breast conservation.” (MammographySavesLives.org)
American College of Radiology, American Cancer Society, and Society for Breast Imaging suggest that women receive annual mammograms starting at the age of 40, even if they don’t have symptoms or family history of breast or ovarian cancer.
Aspire Hospital is proud to be a Pink Ribbon Facility. Pink Ribbon Facilities are digital imaging centers recognized as providing excellence in breast health paired with their exceptional commitment and support to the women of their community. The newest technology is utilized at Aspire Women’s Imaging Center in Huntsville, Texas.
We offer the following:
- 3D MAMMOGRAPHY – is a revolutionary new screening and diagnostic tool designed for early breast cancer detection. Studies show screening with a 3D mammogram is 40% more likely to detect invasive breast cancers earlier than a traditional digital mammogram.
- SCREENING MAMMOGRAPHY – ASYMPTOMATIC – No problems, Once per year, 10 years prior to age of Mother’s diagnosis of breast cancer.
- DIAGNOSTIC MAMMOGRAPHY – SYMPTOMATIC, Palpable lumps, Focal area of pain.
- BREAST ULTRASOUND – ULTRASOUND GUIDED, BREAST BIOPSY, BONE DENSITY.
- BRACAnalysis® testing – assesses a woman’s risk of developing hereditary breast or ovarian cancer based on detection of mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes. This test has become the standard of care in identification of individuals with hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
If you have family history of ovarian or breast cancer, you may benefit from testing.
All imaging testing requires an order from your physician.
For more information, please contact Aspire Hospital today.